Traditional sports that bring annual memories
Have a big office and want to play some kickball, dodgeball, volleyball or softball? We’ll recommend kickball or dodgeball first as anyone can participate with minimal athletic ability, but we can provide whatever sport you want. We’ll find the location and provide equipment and referees; you bring the teams.
How does the process to book an event work?
- Fill out our simple quote form with as much info as you can provide
- Our event coordinator will assess the information and schedule a quick consultation call to ask some additional questions and provide some ideas and options for events
- We will discuss an event location
- We will create a custom visual presentation for you with 3 pricing tiers, a la carte add-on items, and possible locations for your event and then send it to you via email for your review
What is the process once we are ready to book?
- We will discuss via phone or email the desired location and availability and needs for your event
- We will send a draft contract based on all information agreed upon and send for review
- Once the contract is signed, we will send a deposit invoice for 50% of the base price for your event so we can book the venue and start planning logistics for your event
What is the deposit for?
- We take a non-refundable deposit to book the venue, assemble staff, and book rental equipment and outside vendors as needed
- Deposits are non-refundable but events can be modified, and dates can be changed due to unforeseen circumstances, weather, and other factors with proper notice per the contract terms. You will not lose your deposit unless you cancel your event entirely.
What if the venue we choose is unavailable between the planning stage and the deposit being received?
- We will find a new venue/location that is suitable for both parties or request a date change that allows us to use the venue of choice.
Do we need to do anything after signing the contract and providing the deposit?
- This is dependent on several factors. For Field Day, we require companies to form their own teams based on the terms of the contract. The number of teams and head count per team will be laid out in the contract. If t-shirts are ordered, there will be a deadline well in advance of your event date. If catering is requested, you will need to choose the vendor/menu well in advance and we will guide you through this process.
- We will provide you with some information to disseminate to your participants 3-7 days prior to your event. This may include a map for parking, what to bring (towels, water bottles, extra clothes when water is used, ec.), what colors to wear (for Field Day), and more.
Can weather impact our event?
While weather is not usually unpredictable in Phoenix, it could end up being a factor. We will work with you to determine the viability of the event should extreme heat, cold, or thunderstorms be forecasted. For the most part, we will know in advance what weather to expect and we will make event date decisions with you based on knowing the usual weather patterns for the area. If we need to postpone the date, we will work with you to create a new date that is acceptable for all parties.
What kind of venues are available?
There are many indoor and outdoor venues available to us. If events are outside, Phoenix is filled with parks and most parks have lights for nighttime activities. These would be the most abundant and cost-effective venues. Your parking lot or adjacent grass area could also be used depending on what we are doing.
Indoor events can be held at indoor sports arenas, gymnasiums, hotel ballrooms, your office, community centers, and more.
In what cities does Office Recess operate?
Where we host events depends on the type of event we're putting on and the client's location. We have hosted events in a number of private and public venues in the following cities:
What about food and drinks?
We are a full service event provider. We will plan as much or as little as you'd like and even obtain helicopters and elephants if budgets permit. We can procure catering services, food trucks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, photographers, custom t-shirts or swag, rental equipment if applicable, and any other equipment you want that we do not own. Logistics are our specialty and our experience allows us to think of things that you may not. Let us handle it all so you can enjoy your day worry free.